Monday, May 04, 2009

The Amazing Thio Su Mien

The Amazing Thio Su Mien



The brilliant transcript of the "feminist mentor's" desperate attempt to repair her shredded reputation after bragging of instigating the take-over.

Thanks to Wayang Party for the transcript.

Thio Su Mien: "Some of us live till 73 to celebrate feminism. We don’t go around shouting and shrieking. I believe I am a ‘feminist mentor’…QUIET please, because you have put me in your book. All of you have been asked to read about women who are first in their fields and I was so charmed to discover that I was in book on page 73. I was the first batch of law graduates and…SHOW SOME RESPECT TO YOUR ELDERS…."

[Somebody from the crowd shouted "You have to earn the RESPECT!"]

Lois Ng: "Ladies and gentlemen, please sit down, I have already mentioned to you about the house rules. We do not interrupt when somebody is speaking. There are many people here who wanted to speak."

[The noise from the crowd continues to drown Thio Su Mien's speech]

Thio Su Mien: "I was very charmed when I discovered I was in this book. Please show humility. I acted a point that I stand to stay something because it’s my desire, because you are women who are descendants of the pioneers of Singapore….I am disturbed, I was the first Law Dean, I was also the first to establish……YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR YOUR ELDERS"

Addendum:

After watching this, I actually felt immense pity for the poor lady. She has descended to a level comparable to a mental condition, and her disingenuous attempts at preaching humility whilst constantly bragging about her limited accreditation in the field, is reminiscent of the discordant mental process that had been plaguing her since her Coming-Out-Party during the April 23rd News Conference.

No comments: